Link to January 2015 video:

Link to September 2016 video: https://vimeo.com/c3media/review/185699250/24bdbf13d2

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZnJA1kZXQV33e1M0NBbwzaz7Pp4pjuyh0hX

Friday, December 23, 2016

Merry Christmas!

Update from Sandy:

First of all, praise God for safe travels to and from Houston Dec 19-21.    This is the 9th trip we've made to MD Anderson.  Rod is a wonderful chauffeur and I would be lost -- literally lost -- without him!

Secondly (drum roll!!!), labs and scans are either stable or improved!  This is the fourth consecutive time in 2016 that we have received a "mostly" great report!  One of the cancer markers is even down to a single digit!  That has never happened before!  Except for a declaration that I am cancer free, these results are the best we could hope for!  I will continue chemo every other week and return to Houston in 3 months.  

My MDAnderson oncologist said she'd much rather share results of my labs and scans  instead of share bad news with her patients -- especially during the week before Christmas.  She only sees patients with pancreatic, gall bladder, and/or bile duct cancer.    She looked tired and concerned for her patients.  And it was just the morning.  I need to remember to pray for her and her medical team.   It must be very hard to deliver bad news. 

So, while I am giving thanks and celebrating the good news I received this week, I am also remembering those who are struggling, maybe with recently hearing the cancer diagnosis for the first time this week.   Or waiting to hear results of tests.   Or getting a dismal prognosis.  I remember what that was like (September 2014).  I know what it is like to get a dismal report (November 2015).   We all just do the next step.  Thankfully, God directs those steps.    

Someone recently texted me a message with the comment:  "There are so many things I can't do like I used to do as I get older."  I agree completely.  But there are two things we ALL can do as we get older.  We can love more deeply,  and we can thank God more often for His amazing plans for our future, whatever those plans may be.  

Thank you for praying for me and for being so encouraging to me.  TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY!

Merry Christmas!  May JOY invade every moment of this season and the New Year.  
Love,
Sandy

1 comment:

  1. Praising with you!!!!!! We are so happy to hear this great news. Love and prayers to you.

    The Bergman Family

    ReplyDelete