Link to January 2015 video:

Link to September 2016 video: https://vimeo.com/c3media/review/185699250/24bdbf13d2

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZnJA1kZXQV33e1M0NBbwzaz7Pp4pjuyh0hX

Saturday, September 15, 2018

Home again

Sandy returned home this evening. She is thankful to be in her own house, to sleep in her own bed, to be unhooked from the IV, and to be able to taste foods, though she's currently on a very limited diet. She won't be at church Sunday but plans to teach on Monday. I'm guessing many of you are kind of shaking your heads in a mixture of wonder and confusion about that last part :)

There were many things about the past week that were exceptionally difficult. Sandy might share more about that in a later post. She is thankful for your prayers, calls, texts, flowers, and cards, all of which helped her choose thankfulness in spite of everything going on.  She had her first ever latte on Friday, branching out from her usual black coffee. That's living large, I tell you! She also enjoyed listening to piano hymns and country hymns on Pandora and YouTube. Music can be a powerful way to connect our hearts to God, especially when our minds and emotions are struggling to hold on to hope. She spent some time looking through a picture album of Bible verses, and was reminded that reading God's Word is the antidote to fear, worry, and anxiety - three things that steal our attention from where it ought to be.

Another 4.8L were drained from her abdomen this morning. It's incredible to think that nearly 10L of unnecessary fluid were in her system this week. We're hoping it does not continue accumulating so quickly...or at all!  It is likely caused by the disequilibrium of pressure between the vessels of the liver and the surrounding abdominal area, which is a common side effect of decreased liver function.

We'll leave you with this truth, gleaned from a telecast Sandy heard about today: God is not (ever) withholding good from us. He is preparing us to experience His goodness. We can trust what His hand allows, and forever look with hope and even anticipation toward what He will bring.

Here's a song you might enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8TkUMJtK5k

You unravel me, with a melody You surround me with a song Of deliverance, from my enemies Till all my fears have gone I'm no longer a slave to fear I am a child of God I'm no longer a slave to fear I am a child of God From my mothers womb You have chosen me Love has called my name I've been born again, into a family Your blood flows through my veins
I'm no longer a slave to fear I am a child of God I'm no longer a slave to fear I am a child of God I'm no longer a slave to fear I am a child of God I'm no longer a slave to fear I am a child of God I am surrounded By the arms of the father I am surrounded By songs of deliverance We've been liberated From our bondage We're the sons and the daughters Let us sing our freedom You split the sea So I could walk right through it My fears were drowned in perfect love You rescued me and I Stand and sing I am child of God You split the sea So I could walk right through it You drowned my fears in perfect love You rescued me and I will Stand and sing
I am child of God, yes I am I am child of God I am child of God, yes I am I am child of God, full of faith, yes I am child of God I am child of God I'm no longer a slave to fear I am a child of God I'm no longer a slave to fear I am a child of God

No comments:

Post a Comment