Link to January 2015 video:

Link to September 2016 video: https://vimeo.com/c3media/review/185699250/24bdbf13d2

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZnJA1kZXQV33e1M0NBbwzaz7Pp4pjuyh0hX

Friday, September 26, 2014

Home again!

Sandy was dismissed yesterday evening and is now resting at home. Well, she's supposed to be resting! She is not to lift anything over 10 pounds for six weeks…that will take some major self-discipline for her! Just when we think we know what is going on and what is next, things change. Tests continue to be inconclusive. Below is an update from Rod:

"After some discussion between the surgical team and members of the Oncology Department, no consensus was reached as to the appropriate next step.  As a result, the case has been referred to the Tumor Review Committee which will meet on Tuesday to review the records and formulate a plan for the next phase of this journey.  The Committee is composed of experts in many fields:  surgery, oncology, pathology, radiology, anesthesia, etc.  While "hurrying up to wait" was not the desired result of this week's disappointments, we look forward to a defined path for further treatment."

We hope you have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Melissa! We were on vacation last week and I've been sick since Tuesday afternoon, so I've been way behind on life. Just caught up on the updates. Praying, praying, praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to say Hi to my Gardening Buddy! I so want to pick up the phone and give you a call, but I will respect your request so you can spend time and energy resting. I realize family members need that time as well. You are on my mind, in my heart and in my prayers. We share a special bond; we both love the shockers, teaching, the good earth, flowers and crepe myrtles and we have granddaughters with the name Eliana!! Please rest and sleep when you need it, and know that I will be up to tend to your flower beds. Your friend, Kathy Huschka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

    We are thinking about you and praying! The kids are praying for Miss Sandy every chance they get. Thanks for the update.

    The Bergman Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Melissa,
    I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I pray that you would feel God's arms around you at this time. I know anything is possible. One of my friend's parents had pancreatic cancer and was completely healed which baffled the doctors. I admire your strength, faith and courage and pray you would experience the "peace that passes all understanding."
    Kindest regards,
    Laura Murfin

    ReplyDelete